We're all in this together!
Yes, Monday morning will see all of us back together! I'm really looking forward to this. Online meetings are just not the same as face-to-face. No more 'natters that matter'; no more packs on the trolley. We will all be in the same room so we can all see, hear, natter and do our tasks TOGETHER.
We are carrying on with our topic unit -'The Origin of Life' and our English this week will see us reading and dissecting the biography of a person closely linked to our topic. We will also be independently researching and writing a biography. This week's plan includeds some relaxed art and D&T sessions in the afternoons this week. All in all, a nice and easy going return to whole class working.
Our DARE session with Annie will be online on Thursday morning. She will be presenting at a distance to us. We will take the lesson in class 5. Mr R will be teaching guitar live in the classroom on Friday morning.
As promised, here are some reminders about things you'll need for school.
ON MONDAY, please bring in:
- Your 'Foggy, Foggy Forest' pages
- Portrait work
- Art supplies – wax crayons and watercolour tins and the brushes. You can keep the paper.
- 'Phillip Pullman – Four Tales' book
- Partnership Books
You will want to have:
- Clothing to layer up as the classroom is still cold as, even when out, the sun does not shine directly into the classroom.
- A decently stocked lunchbox with a snack for break. Remember: there’s no snacking when you feel like it, now! Sorry!!
- A filled water bottle.
You might want to have:
- A hot drink – tea, hot chocolate – for first thing in the morning. Please note: we CANNOT refill it!
We will be going back to:
- Reading 3 times a week, recorded in your partnership book
- TT Rockstars
- Year 6 SATs companion – tasks will be set weekly for you on various topic.
Keep hold of your learning journals for now. I'll let you know when you need to bring those in.
We will see you on Monday morning with your cheery faces and your usual positive attitude towards learning for what will surely feel like three short weeks until Easter.
With best wishes
Mrs Greaves, Mrs Fowkes and Mrs Hart